225.00 $ USD
MOTM 485 G1-X VCF
For sale is an MOTM 485 G1X Filter. This module was built, tested, and calibrated by me to MOTM specs (shielded cable for audio signals, etc…).
The MOTM-485 is a recreation of the Yamaha GX-1 LP/HP filter.
The GX-1 was a massive organ/synth hybrid, costing over $60,000 in the late ‘70s. The best example is the ELP song ‘Pirates’, but was also used by Stevie Wonder and Led Zepplin..
The actual GX-1 used a pair of these filters to form a bandpass response (the same method used in the MS-20 and the CS-80).
There is a HP filter set to “half tracking” followed by a LP at “full” tracking. However, you can still use a single MOTM-485 as yet another distinct tone in your setup.
- Faithfully captures the unique GX-1 timbre
- 2 audio inputs
- Voltage-controlled resonance
- Switchable HP/LP response
- Switchable half/full tracking of the 1V/Oct input
- Fully temperature compensated using TEMPCO resistor and matched pairs
- Not a ‘clean’ filter: has higher distortion than other MOTM filters
$225 + Shipping to US; contact if interested. Proof of life video here.
This page has been viewed 299 times